- Lipotropics (help to break down fat in the liver): Choline, Inositol, Methionine, Betaine
- L-Carnitine: helps the body turn fat into energy
- Gymnema Sylvestris and Chromium Polynicotinate to help control blood sugar
- Guarana: a caffeine-like compound that creates a sensation of energy.
More products below. Click on any of the titles to leave a review. Prices were accurate when going to press but may have changed due to seasonal sales or special promotions. To find out more about some of the ingredients, read our Fat Burners FAQ.
A sizeable proportion of people report having lost a lot of weight after using this product, which is based on extensive research.
The core complex contains
- Green Tea Extract (45% EGCG 90% polyphenols)
- Yerba Mate Lean Powder
- Natural Caffeine
Plus energy herbs and thyroid support
- Guggul Lipid Extact
- Evodia Rutaecarpa Extract
- Clary Sage Powder
- Coleus Forskohlii
Plus miscellaneous other compounds such as vinpocetine which may enhance glucose metabolism in the brain.
To find out more about some of these ingredients, read our Fat Burners FAQ.
“For the serious athlete who wants to get the ultimate shredded look”… Others should be aware that this product is very strong and the caffeine content could make you feel jittery. Other ingredients include:
- Synephrine: thought to help expend energy at the expense of body fat by boosting norepinephrine (NE), which is one of the body’s primary lipolytic hormones. Synephrine also helps to suppress appetite.
- Yohimbine: helps to block mechanisms that prevent the release of NE. Also helps maintain blood flow in adipose tissue, which in turn helps to prevent fat from being retained there.
- Tyramine: a norepinephrine-releasing agent.
- Phenylethylamine: thought to stimulate the central nervous system without causing the jitters or nervousness, and to provide a thermogenic effect and increase the metabolic rate by stimulating the thyroid gland.
- Acacia Rigidula: a source of phenylethylamine.
- Hordenine: an alkaloid from grains and grasses which is thought to be able to liberate norepinephrine stored in your body.
- Guggulsterones: have been suggested to support metabolism by increasing overall thyroid hormone activity.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (200 mg): thought to assist in body fat loss while recruiting lean body mass by increasing the secretion of catecholamines. May optimize skeletal muscle contraction by means of augmented neuromuscular transmission. Many bodybuilders find that it helps to enhance strength gains and increase focus and work volume.
This is a high-caffeine product. Ingredients include
- B complex vitamins
- Coffee Extract
- Caffeoylquinic Acid
- Artichoke Extract
- Eleutherococcus Senticosus Extract
- Ginger Powder
- L-Glutamic Acid
- Cayenne Powder
Also contains tartrazine coloring
This product is not so dependent on caffeine as some others – contains only 100 mg plus compounds that work synergistically with caffeine.
Other ingredients include
- Bauhinia purpurea and Bacopa monnieri: thought to have a thyroid-stimulating effect.
- Rauwolfia: an alpha-2 adrenergic receptor blocker that is thought to spare alpha-1 receptors.
- Cirsium oligophyllum: some research suggests that this can help to reduce subcutaneous fat. Works synergistically with caffeine.
- 1,3 Dimethylamylamine from geranium stems also works synergistically with caffeine and is a mild stimulant that increases the sensation of energy, alertness and focus. (NB: Never exceed the recommended dosage. Also be aware that some sports organizations test for this compound and ban it.)
Described as possibly the hottest green tea fat burner on sale now, this product has a lot of good reviews, and is primarily based on EGCG, the most powerful antioxidant found in green tea, which has been researched for its weight-loss properties.
Other ingredients include
- Bitter orange extract, providing synephrine
- Bladderwrack, providing iodine
- Gotu Kola
- Yerba Mate